From the archives
Bennett reworking a post for The Belly
Bennett edits the blog, galvanizes Yuchen, and performs general quality control. He’s a big fan of atonality, literature and other hopeless causes. Some other facts about Bennett:
- The only poetry collection he owns is Ordinary Sun.
- He paid money to see The Room on a theater screen.
- He brought plastic spoons.
- He has a necro-man-crush on Samuel Beckett.
- He slouches.
- Wittgenstein reminded him of Nietzsche.
- He only wears glasses in pictures.
- His floor is covered by dust and books.
- He knows more about music theory than you do.
- He constantly remembers this this picture of Dali and Ernst.
- He stopped reading Stereogum before hipsters knew it existed.
- He worships Yuchen, and extols his Buddha-nature to everyone.
- He designed a shirt about linguistic anaphora.
- He thinks some music sounds better on a night-drive.
- He doesn’t want to think about all the things that have been done on his futon.
- Wyatt is his brother.
- He spent an hour telling us about Paraguay.
- He values design.
- He prefers characters.
- He knows slang is a verb.
illegally accesses academic databases.
- He will rap, after much convincing.
- He wanted to be a monk.
- Cars scare him.
- He used to have the flag code memorized.
- He gets in trouble for some of the things he writes.
- He edits Wikipedia.
- He’s out of shape.
- His most impressive body-count at Ci Ci’s: 21.
- He pretends to be Jewish.
- Ali G always makes him laugh.
- He does not have a smartphone.
- He watches Ozu and Jarmusch.
- He says distinguishing Plato from Play-dough makes you a dualist.
- He pretends to be Catholic.
- He knows his koans.
- He thinks Calibri’s lowercase w is sexy.
- He goes to art happenings with his mom
- He writes a blog for class.
This list will probably never be complete, but maybe it sketches a pointillist portrait of sorts.